The Kenny Roberts, Yamaha XV950 (2016)
Early 2016 Wrench Kings and Motorcycles United teamed up to undertake a crazy build for Yamaha Motor. They would provide us with a brand new Yamaha XV950 with the request to make it a Kenny Roberts style street tracker. The 60th anniversary colors of Yamaha this year. During the first meeting together, Yamaha brought a whole delegation of people along. Apparently it was not just a build, but the plans were to make it a television show on Dutch National television. And that’s why Yamaha brought the guys from RTL GP Magazine along!
Hell yeah! Let’s film it! And that’s how it started. We had a crazy tight deadline But man, we had loads of fun with this project!
This bike is built using crazy modern tools and techniques. The air filter on this bike is printed with a 3D printer and the cover of the air-filter is made from transparent Perspex so you can see the butterfly valves of the air intake!
- Custom bolt-on subframe with tracker fairing
- Custom bolt on seat
- Lowered front suspension
- Öhlins suspension at the rear
- Custom headlight number plate with instrument dashboard
- Daytona Velona 48mm speedo meter
- Daytona Velona 48mm tachometer
- 3D printed air filter box with a transparent Perspex glass cover (you can see the butterfly valve from the air intake moving)
- Relocated foot pegs with custom link systems
- Custom upholstery by ToniWorks
- Custom WrenchKings license plate bracket
- Custom license plate
- Custom tail lights
- 16” spoke wheel in the rear
- 18” spoke wheel in front