Vanguard V850, MotoGuzzi 850 lemans III (1982)
Our second project with Vanguard clothing, basically “can we top our last bike”. And so we did! together with Gannet Design we came up with the coolest ever idea.
The base, a almost stock Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans came imported from Germany.
The custom aluminium side fairing with the custom petrol tank is one of the key features that ads so much character and race feel to the bike together with the headlight fairing.
We wanted to build a bike of which everyone would think it;s a vintage racer that competed in endurance races back in the days when men were still men.
All aluminium parts are handmade and have been treated with multiple layers of paint and lacker to get the desired effect.
To top it off the bike is loaded with detailed featuring the custom gauge cluster, end caps on the handlebars, engraved tail lights, custom leather seating etc etc – all these features relate back to the features on the Vanguard V850 jeans.
Oh and custom headlight dome…. that only took 30 attempts…
Its actually what we would call perfect or like the Italian say “Perfetto”
- Modified frame
- Speciality custom parts:
- Petrol tank, with monza filler cap
- Aluminium side fairing
- Aluminium Rear seat
- Hand made polyester headlight fairing
- CNC layered Foot peg brackets
- CNC lasered Gauge cluster
- Custom Stainless steel exhaust
- Custom Details:
- Stainless CNC cut logos on the tank
- Stainless CNC layered end caps on the clip-ons
- Custom engraved tail lights
- Engraved acrylic engine cover
- Custom acrylic headlight dome
- Custom headlight
- Full custom paint job (no stickers, all paint)
- Leather seat, with side pocked similar to the V850 jeans
- Tank patches based on the jeans with same rivets and leather type as patch on jeans
- Brembo Front and rear Master cylinders
- YSS fully custom adjustable shocks
- Tarozzi Clip-ons
- Dunlop tires