Kawaski ZX6R (1996)
Some time ago a friend of the Kings came across this bike and decided to buy it. An ugly outdated 600cc Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja… He drove it for a couple of months whilst having some fun with it. Then his sister decided to get married to a Portuguese guy named Henrique (go figure out). With the wedding coming up, our friend decided to make this bike a wedding gift for his brother in law (remember Henrique).
Of course the Kawa was still one hell of a ugly vehicle – so Henrique decided to give WrenchKings a shot turning the Jekyll into Hyde.
A Kawasaki ZX-6R is a bike with an aluminum delta-box frame and an aluminum sub-frame. In other words “Challenges!” This is Wrench Kings’ first bike with an aluminum frame. Luckily we love challenges so we got 5 meters of thick-walled aluminum pipe to build a complete new sub-frame with the aim to create a bike that looked like an original motorcycle whilst everything had been changed. Welding proved to be challenging, connecting a old aluminum alloy delta-box frame with a new aluminum alloy sub-frame.
- Custom aluminum sub-frame
- Custom seat
- Custom bracket for the electronics
- Relocated electronics
- Custom paint job
- Powder coated frame
- Powder coated rims with Heidenau K73 Supermotard rain tires
- Renthal handlebars
- Brembo master cylinder
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Biltwell Thruster grips
- Reno style headlight
- LED Bates style tail light
- Aluminum front and rear fender
- Built-in turn signals in the original RAM air-inlet holes
- Tiny bright LED turn signals at the rear
- Custom Perspex covers with our name engraved